Los Angeles Chinese Learning Center, providing private Chinese Mandarin classes, Chinese tutors, Mandarin interpreter and translators, China investment report, investment opportunity report, China intelligence report, information on Chinese herbal medicines in Los Angeles
Corporate Services Other Services
Private Instruction Invest in China
Curriculum FAQ
Business Culture Health Education
Textbooks Our Staff
Hours and Location Contact Us


Heart Disease

Heart Attack

Congestive Heart Failure

Generic Drugs

Alternative Heart Disease Treatment

Heart Disease 

Heart Disease Symptoms

Heart Attack Warning Signs

From National Institute of Health

A heart attack is a frightening event, and you probably don't want to think about it. But, if you learn the signs of a heart attack and what steps to take, you can save a life–maybe your own.

What are the signs of a heart attack? Many people think a heart attack is sudden and intense, like a "movie" heart attack, where a person clutches his or her chest and falls over.

The truth is that many heart attacks start slowly, as a mild pain or discomfort. If you feel such a symptom, you may not be sure what's wrong. Your symptoms may even come and go. Even those who have had a heart attack may not recognize their symptoms, because the next attack can have entirely different ones.

It's vital that everyone learn the warning signs of a heart attack. These are:

Chest discomfort. Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center of the chest that lasts for more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back. The discomfort can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness, or pain.

Discomfort in other areas of the upper body. Can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw, or stomach.

Shortness of breath. Often comes along with chest discomfort. But it also can occur before chest discomfort.

Other symptoms. May include breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea, or light-headedness.


Heart Attack Warning Signs

From Heart and Stoke Foundation of Canada


--sudden discomfort or pain that does not go away with rest
--pain that may be in the chest, neck, jaw, shoulder, arms or back
--pain that may feel like burning, squeezing, heaviness, tightness or pressure
--in women, pain may be more vague

Shortness of Breath

--difficulty breathing




--cool, clammy skin



Signs may be mild or severe. If you or someone you know is having any of these signs, CALL 911 or your local emergency number immediately.

What to do if you are experiencing these warning signs


  • Call 911 or your local emergency number for help, or have someone call for you (It's a good idea to keep a list of emergency numbers near the phone at all times).
  • Stop all activity and sit or lie down, in whatever position is most comfortable.
  • If you take nitroglycerin, take your normal dosage.
  • If you are experiencing chest pain, chew and swallow one (1) adult 325 mg ASA tablet (e.g., Aspirin®) or two (2) 80 mg tablets. Do not use pain medicines like acetaminophen (e.g. Tylenolâ ) or ibuprofen (e.g. Advil®).
  • Rest comfortably and wait for emergency medical services (EMS) (e.g., ambulance) to arrive.

If you are with someone who is experiencing the warning signals of a heart attack:

  • Help the person with all the activities listed above.
  • Expect denial. You must take charge and call 911 or your local emergency number.
  • If the person becomes unresponsive (no normal breathing, coughing, or movement), start CPR.

In the event of cardiopulmonary arrest (no normal breathing, coughing or movement), call 911 or your local emergency number, attach an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) or begin cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) immediately and continue until emergency help has arrived.

  • Check the scene for safety.
  • Determine unresponsiveness (no normal breathing, coughing or movement).
  • Call 911 or your local emergency number.
  • Get the AED or ask someone to get an AED if there is one close by, and attach it to the person immediately.

Early intervention in the case of a cardiac emergency can mean the difference between life and death. The flow of oxygen to the brain can be sustained and the amount of permanent damage can be reduced. A survival rate as high as 90% has been reported when defibrillation is achieved within the first minute of collapse. Every minute that passes reduces the chances of survival by 7- 10%.

Little Fact:

Lipitor is the best selling prescription drug for lowering blood cholesterol levels. Read more about Lipitor.

Health Products: Cortiloss, Cortislim, Enzyte, Ogoplex, 5 HTP, Chitosan, Stacker 2, Stacker 3, Stamina, Zantrex.

All contents copyright © Los Angeles Chinese Learning Center, unless otherwise noted. Website Hosting and Marketing  Diabetes