|Corporate Services||Other Services|
|Private Instruction||Invest in China|
|Business Culture||Health Education|
|Hours and Location||Contact Us|
Math Tutor in Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose
With Christine Tran
(Currently not available)
• Young, fun, professional, motivated graduate student.
• 6+ year of tutoring experience in Mathematics, especially with high school and JC students.
• Member of Engineering Honor Society, HKN, Little/Big Sister, Women Engineering Society.
PRIVATE HOME - Bay Area, CA March 1998 – Present
• Tutor high school and junior college students, subjects include: Beginning/Intermediate Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Calculus I/II/III, and C/C++ Programming.
• Tutor adults basic computer skills, Microsoft Office such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, digital image editing and animation such as: Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, and Flash.
• Provide translation and interpretation services in Chinese and Vietnamese.
LANEY COLLEGE, MATHEMATICS DEPARTMENT – Oakland, CA September 2000 – June 2001
Mathematics Lab Technician
• Aided instructors with evaluating student performance in intermediate algebra and trigonometry at community college that serves Northern Alameda County and transfers large number of students to UC Berkeley
• Aided self-pace students in learning interactive computer-based mathematics lessons
• Developed communication skills through delivering brief lectures and summarizing course material
LANEY COLLEGE, MATHEMATICS DEPARTMENT – Oakland, CA September 1998 – August 2000
Teacher Assistant, Tutor, Instructional Aid
• Instructed weekly calculus workshop, aiding students with calculus, linear algebra, and differential equations.
• Tutored students, graded homework and exams, and assisted instructors in exam preparation.
SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY – San Jose, California Present
Pursuing Master of Science, Electrical Engineering GPA: 3.63/4.00
Pursuing Mathematics Single Subject Teaching Credential.
Passed California Subject Examinations for Teachers,CSET, Mathematics Subtest I, II, III.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY – Berkeley, California August 2003
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science GPA: 3.48/4.00
Awarded UC Berkeley Regents, Townsend, Rodney, and Hearst Phoebe Scholarships.
Mathematics Coursework included:
Calculus I, II, III
Modern Geometry and Transformations
Mathematics for Secondary Teachers
Probabilities and Random Variables
References: available upon request.
Please contact us.
How to Reach Yvonne:
Please contact us for more information.