Abacus Investment Research

Stocks /

Commodities Futures


Managed Futures Commodity Pools

Real Estates

Research and Analysis

Abacus Consulting


  Global Market Energy Stocks Basic Materials Chinese Companies Biotechnology & Drugs Stocks Transportation Stocks Biodiesel Stocks Online Stock Trading
China Investment Report - Quality Chinese Stock Picks
China Business Report - Weekly China Business News Summary
Shanghai Bank
Chinese Public Companies
Aluminum Corp. of China
American Dairy
ASAT Holdings
Asia Payment Systems
AsiaInfo Holdings
Alpha Spacecom
Brilliance China
China Automotive Systems
China Eastern Airlines
China Cable &  Comm.
China National Offshore Oil
China Energy Savings Tec
China Techfaith Wireless
China Telecom 
China Medical Technology
China Mobile
China Unicom
China Netcom
Comtech Group
China Yuchai International
Deswell Industries
Focus Media
Guangshen Railway
HuaNeng Power
International DisplayWorks,
INTAC International
Jilin Chemical Industrial J
51 Job, Inc.
China Finance Online
KongZhong Corporation
China Life Insurance
The9 Limited
Ninetowns Digital World
Nam Tai Electronics
Pacificnet Inc.
Radica Games
Sinopec Shanghai
Sina Corp.
Semiconductor Manufac.
Shanda Interactive
Sinovac Biotech
Target Media
Tiens Biotech
Tom Online
Watchdata System
Qiao Xing Telephone
Yanzhou Coal Mining
China Southern Airlines

China Mobile (Hong Kong) Ltd. (Ticker: CHL)
Company Profile and Private Investigations

Company Profile:

China Mobile (Hong Kong) Limited offers mobile telecommunications services principally using the global system for mobile communications standard in Mainland China.

China Mobile's services primarily include voice-related services and data services. Its voice-related services include local calls, domestic long distance calls, international long distance calls, intra-provincial roaming, inter-provincial roaming, and international roaming. Through its Internet protocol backbone network, known as CMNet, China Mobile also provides Internet protocol-based long distance call services. China Mobile’s value-added voice services include caller identity display, call waiting, call forwarding, call holding, voice mail, personalized ringing tones, and others. It provides Internet access services to mobile and fixed-line users, and offers private integrated voice-related and Internet connection services to corporate subscribers. China Mobile also provides interconnection and roaming services. It offers its services through sales outlets and retail outlets in 21 service areas in Mainland China, consisting of 16 provinces and 1 autonomous region.

China Mobile was incorporated under the laws of Hong Kong in 1997 under the name China Telecom (Hong Kong) Limited and changed its name to China Mobile (Hong Kong) Limited in 2000. China Mobile is headquartered in Hong Kong.

China Mobile owns a 100 per cent interest in regional mobile telecommunication companies, and operates nationwide mobile telecommunications services in all 31 provinces, autonomous regions and directly-administered municipalities in Mainland China through their thirty-one subsidiaries.

As of 31 December 2004, the Group had an aggregate staff of 88,127 and an aggregate mobile telecommunications subscriber base of 204.2 million. The Group enjoyed a market share of approximately 64.3 per cent. and a domestic network coverage of 99 per cent. of the cities and towns within its service areas. The Group’s GSM global roaming services cover 184 countries and regions and GPRS roaming services covered 73 countries and regions.

The Company’s majority shareholder is China Mobile (Hong Kong) Group Limited, which, as of 31 December 2004, indirectly held an equity interest of approximately 75.6 per cent. of the Company through a wholly-owned subsidiary, China Mobile Hong Kong (BVI) Limited. The remaining equity interest of approximately 24.4 per cent. of the Company was held by public investors.

Our Private Investigations:

China Mobile is an excellent company.  It is a monopoly and it has focused on its core businesses. (unlike Haier, a Chinese appliance company that diversified itself into banking and finance, computers, and recently, into mobile phones).  For more information, please see our China Investment Report


Please contact us for advertisement information and other matters.