Please see updated version of my resume at http://chinese-school.netfirms.com/resume.htm
Universidad Carlos III de
Madrid, Getafe (Madrid), Spain
Oct. 2000 - Aug. 2001
M.A., Financial Analysis
Economics of Organizations; Financial Analysis; Financial Economics; Statistics and Quantitative Methods; Corporate Finance; Econometrics and Time Series Analysis; Financial Institutions; Fixed Income Securities and Derivatives; International Accounting and Finance; Financial Markets and Banking; Insurance Markets; Risk Management
"The Japanese Banking Crisis and Its Policy Responses"
London School of Economics and Political Science, London, UK
Sep. 1999 - Jun. 2000
General Course, Economic History
The Internationalization of Economic Growth, 1870 to the Present Day; Latin America and the International Economy; Financial Markets, Investment and Economic Development in Britain, Germany and the United States after 1870; Africa and the World Economy
University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Aug. 1997 - Jun. 1999
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Pasadena City College, California, USA
Aug. 2002 - May 2003
American Bar Association approved paralegal program
Kyu Eikan Japanese Language Learning Center, Beijing, China
Sep. 2001 - Feb. 2002
Japanese Languages Courses, beginner level
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Getafe (Madrid), Spain
Jan. 2001 - Mar. 2001
Certificate: "Doing Business With Latin America"
Asianstocks.info, Abacus Consulting Services, Inc.
Jul. 2001 - Present
* Researched and analyzed macroeconomic and financial trends, stock market movements and currency fluctuations for editorial articles
* Analyzed and wrote articles for economic, financial, and political changes for China, the United States, and countries in Latin America
* Researched individual companies for articles about China, the United States, etc.
* Incorporated Abacus Consulting Services, Inc.
* Responsible for building the English version of Asianstocks.info web site.
Harry J. Liu & Associates, California, USA
Jun. 2002 - August 2003
* Researched and analyzed law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, and legal codes to prepare documents
* Drafted legal documents such as briefs, pleadings, initial and amended articles of incorporation, stock certificates, buy-sell agreements, contracts, summons, and complaints.
* Investigated facts and law of case to determine causes of action and to prepare case accordingly
* Filed pleadings with court clerks
* Served summons and complaints to defendants
* Helped to direct and coordinate activities of law office employees
The Industrial Bank of Japan, Beijing Branch
Oct. 2001-Feb. 2002
Risk Analyst, Business Department
* Assessed the strategic, operational, and financial risk of clients in various industries including petrochemical, manufacturing, retail, high technology, public infrastructure, and financial institutions.
* Planned and conducted interviews, developed potential customers, performed business reviews by interviewing key client personnel, documenting workflows, and conducting risk analysis by analyzing financial data and using Monte Carlo simulation
* Reviewed contracts of commercial and syndication loan projects through consulting with legal councils, bank's management level, and client.
* Clients included: British Petroleum, Sony, Fanuc (Beijing), SINOPEC, LG Chemical, NTT Data, PEC Leasing
Orient Trend Investment Consulting Company Ltd.
Aug. 2001-Oct. 2001
Analyst, Market Research Department
* Analyzed and presented buy/hold/sell recommendations for listed companies in Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges to clients using fundamental and technical analysis
* Initiated "Thai Stock Investments for Chinese Investors" project with the collaboration of local financial institution
* Interviewed weekly by Financial Review Program of China Central Television for domestic market commentaries and Chinese stock market reform issues, and worked as a script writer for weekly international market summaries and updates
Business Watch Magazine
Sep. 2001 - Present
* Drafted monthly columns on investment trends and emerging markets
* Expanded the magazine's partnership into the United States and Europe through cooperating with Project Syndication. Readership increased by 35%.
* Interviewed renowned international investors including Jim Rogers, co-founder of Quantum Fund, and Kyu Eikan
London School of Economics Investment Society
Sep. 1999 - May 2000
Senior Analyst, Natural Resource Group
* Engaged and supervised group members weekly to research and analyze financial statements of listed companies in Great Britain and the United States
* Led group discussion and presentation on investment ideas
* Received 50% return on investments, achieving the highest return of the entire investment society
Sinotrust Business Risk Management
Jun. 1999 - Aug. 1999
Risk Analyst - Intern
* Assessed financial risks of Chinese companies in various industries using quantitative analysis
* Investigated questionable companies with the collaboration of governmental agencies
* Translated documents from Chinese to English when necessary
* Languages: Multilingual in English, Chinese (Mandarin), and Spanish.
Knowledgeable in Japanese
* Computer Programs: Microsoft Office, Internet, Visual BASIC, dBASE, HTML, Bloomberg, Crystal Ball, Oracle, Abacus, Westlaw, LexisNexis
Learn Chinese Curriculum Hours/Location Staff FAQ Business Culture
Invest in China Other Services Health Education Contact us
We are not investment advisors or portfolio managers. Any opinions expressed here are the opinions of the editors. Please consult your financial advisor before making any investment decisions.