http://chinese-school.netfirms.com Forum Index http://chinese-school.netfirms.com
Forums that bring us together

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PHILEMON Case Study of GOD'S GRACE & FORGIVENESS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://chinese-school.netfirms.com Forum Index -> Submit Articles
DeBorrah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: PHILEMON Case Study of GOD'S GRACE & FORGIVENESS Reply with quote

PHILEMON Case Study of GOD’S GRACE & FORGIVENESS

Philemon is a wonderful masterpiece and an often overlooked Book of the New Testament. It showcases the Grace of God and Forgiveness. The key verse here is ; “Perhaps the reason he was separated from you for a little while was that you might have him back for good, no longer as a slave, but better than a slave, as a dear brother. He is very dear to me but even dearer to you…” Philemon was a Christian who was a prominent member of the Church in Colosse. Philemon had come to know the Lord under the ministry of the Apostle Paul. Onesimus, his legal slave had stole from him and fled to Rome. It was in Rome that Onesimus met and encountered Paul. After hearing Paul’s powerful ministry he too confessed Jesus Christ and became converted. Paul grew to dearly love Onesimus!

Onesimus had become very dear and helpful to Paul. This is SO VERY interesting because Onesimus name means “useful.” Yet, Paul convinced him that he needed to return back to Philemon. Under Roman law Philemon could have him beaten and possibly killed if he desired. Paul addresses this letter which we have come to know as the Book of Philemon; and makes a heartfelt personal plea to his friend challenging him to forgive his now radically transformed “beloved brother” Onesimus, and accept and welcome him back not as a slave but as a brother. Onesimus had repented! Paul was prepared to pay Philemon if necessary any restitution for the time of his lost service as well as for the cost of the theft.

What a difference! How interesting; Now they were brothers in Christ and both were “members of God’s family!” This is why it is so important to know God’s Word and know who we are in Christ! “…Take heed to yourselves. If your brother sins against you, rebuke him; and if he repents. Forgive him…” Luke 4. Although each of us as individuals are quite different, in Christ we really should not be separated by racial, sex, political, cultural, personality differences, education, or economic barriers. “This righteousness from God comes though FAITH in JESUS CHRIST to ALL that believe. There is no difference, for All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His GRACE through the redemption that came through JESUS CHRIST…” ROMAN 3. To be justified means to be declared not guilty! When God forgives us the record is wiped clean! Jesus Christ became our atonement! He purchased our freedom with His life! It is now to Him we owe our lives...

The Book of Philemon demonstrates true Christian fellowship and forgiveness. Paul gives a wonderful example of how to possibly deal with conflict within the church or between friends. Since we have been forgiven then we too must learn to forgive. Is there someone you need to forgive? Is God making a difference in your life? How do we break down the walls of division? God is powerful! Accepting Jesus Christ makes a difference! The key here is that Onesimus had repented! He was a new creation! He had now embraced God’s Way! God’s principles have not changed. The relationship between Philemon and Onesimus were so important that this short powerful letter or should I say epistle has been included in the Bible as a Book! Philemon is one of the prison epistles that was written during Paul’s first Roman imprisonment.

Although, we now come together to fellowship and congregate in a plethora of different types of small, large and massive brick, and mortar buildings throughout the world we must each personally embrace and hold dear the Word of God ! To develop an ongoing personal relationship with Jesus Christ! The early Church met in homes and Christianity was a daily lifestyle. It is important to remember that “we the believers” are the Church! We must seek to embrace godly principles and implement them in our daily lives in this 21st century and embrace it as a daily lifestyle as well. Is Christ really making a difference in your life? We must begin to live our lives in a way that pleases God; Christ really is coming back for His Church !

About the AUTHOR

Hi! My name is DeBorrah K. Ogans. I'm a Marriage Educator, Christian Counselor, Author and Ordained Minister. Certified through the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counseling in "Creation Therapy." I have a Bachelor's and a Master’s Degree in Biblical Clinical Counseling. I am dedicated, enthusiastically interested in helping others who want to build stronger, rewarding, committed, fulfilling, satisfying, intimate marriages; which result in healthier families. I provide counseling in restoring Marriages, those experiencing marital conflicts, grief, relationship difficulties, unhappiness, stress on the job, and challenges with their children as well as Temperament Analysis.

I have been married for over thirty seven years (37) and have Five (5)
children, Four (4) who are married and fifteen (15) grandchildren. I am Co-Founder along with my husband Randall of "Alpha 7 Ministries" We believe in "Ministry Beyond The Walls." I write an ongoing Column for the "Counselor's Corner." I have written extensively and my many columns are widely published. The author of a pre-marital guide “How Do I Love Thee: Food for Thought Before You Say "I DO”, and has released "Holy Matrimony: Now That You're Married". Please visit us at spam.deborrah-spam and spam.spam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://chinese-school.netfirms.com Forum Index -> Submit Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Thank you for visiting us