http://chinese-school.netfirms.com Forum Index http://chinese-school.netfirms.com
Forums that bring us together

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expunged

Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://chinese-school.netfirms.com Forum Index -> Submit Articles
cottageslave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Expunged Reply with quote

Expunged

In the fall of 1999 my church going, honor roll earning, trumpet playing son fell victim to the drug use he had begun earlier that year. Dropping out of school, running away from home, and finding new trouble daily, were only a prelude of what was to come. As the new millennium dawned my son made a decision that was to change his life and ours for years to come. Justin and three of his friends broke into a drug dealer’s home, while he was present. The call from jail came on the first morning of 2000. By April the results of Justin’s waywardness had come to full fruition. Justin had been charged with a total of four felonies and three misdemeanors. The most serious of which was home invasion.
Justin was guilty on all counts, and had no real defense. The prosecutor had shown no willingness to grant any reprieve. We were not going to trial. The night before Justin was to appear in court to enter his plea I was convicted over and over that I was to speak with the prosecutor before his appearance. I had no reason to believe I would be permitted to meet with him, and Justin’s attorney was dead set against it. But God had other plans and he opened that door. Because of my obedience and the words God spoke through me that day the prosecutor dropped all charges in exchange for a guilty plea to the home invasion charge. The result of this was six years later my son was allowed to petition the court to have his record expunged.
Over the last six years Justin has overcome drug use, earned his GED, attended Community College, returned to church, and is now attending a university pursuing a degree in Survey Engineering. Justin is on the Dean’s List. On June 11, 2005 Justin and his high school sweetheart, were married at my in-law’s farm. With the grace and strength of God my son earned the right to petition the court for his expungement, and I am proud of his efforts.
As I sat in the attorney’s office on a conference call with my son, discussing the details of his coming day in court, a day we had only dared to dream of six long years ago the word expunged seemed bitter sweet. Bitter because it was a reminder of past mistakes and sweet to think all record of them would soon be erased. I found myself thinking how amazing it was that our court system offered something similar to salvation. After all doesn’t the Bible say in Psalms 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.…………. But just as soon as this thought came to mind another replaced it. It was the revelation of the absurdity, and foolishness of comparing a legally earned outcome with that of the selfless sacrifice and gift of true salvation offered by Jesus Christ.
The court says confess, provide restitution, do good works, remain within the law, and then we will wipe your record clean. God says confess your sin, accept the sacrifice I have provided on your behalf, you have no record, go and do good works.
Justin has earned his expungement, and has accepted in faith the gift of salvation. Have you confessed your sin before a perfect just and holy God? Have you in faith accepted the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as the only and perfect payment for your sin? In love and adoration for the Father have you begun the good works he has declared for you and you alone?
What are you waiting for? The price is paid. Expungement is available now!!! Praise be to God.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://chinese-school.netfirms.com Forum Index -> Submit Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Thank you for visiting us