http://chinese-school.netfirms.com Forum Index http://chinese-school.netfirms.com
Forums that bring us together

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Product Sales on the Internet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://chinese-school.netfirms.com Forum Index -> Submit Articles
genedefazzio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Product Sales on the Internet Reply with quote

[b]The new Gold Rush[/b]

One of the most exciting things about the internet is the possibility of panning yourself some gold. Because of the reach and interactivity of the Web it has become possible for people like you and me to earn some cash right in the privacy of our own homes. The only thing that you need is a website and the willingness to put in the work necessary to find and implement an online method of producing a cash flow.

In spite of many reversals of fortune the internet still holds a top spot among money makers. Ordinary people are making thousands of dollars every year on the World Wide Web with only a minimal investment of time and money. Here are some of the ways that you can produce an income with your website.

[b]Product Sales[/b]

In my opinion this is probably the toughest way to make money on the Web. But, if you have a good product and market your website properly you could become a millionaire or at least a good bit wealthier. But, like anything worthwhile, it takes the most in up front effort and finances to set up an effective online store as compared to other methods of making money on the internet.

The following essentials will give you an idea of what it takes to sell a product on the Web.

[i]Website[/i]

You must have a professional looking website in order to gain some credibility with your visitors/customers. How many times have you clicked on a link for some product and been presented with something that looks like a billboard? The text and graphics scream in your face like a third rate automobile salesman or a loud mouthed infomercial marketer. These types of sites are intended for mass distribution, impulse buying and a quick sale and they look like it, which harms their credibility. These are only good for short run selling and soon fade away.

If you intend to develop a long term web presence you will need a clean and/or polished website which will give your product some respect. Your visitors will take you seriously, return more often and be inclined to venture further into your site where hopefully you can make a sale. Hire a professional or take the time to learn how to design a website before you put your product online.

[i]Product[/i]

Not only will you have to be selling a product that people will want you will also need to provide production, packaging, shipping and promotion of it. You can do this work yourself or hire an outside firm who specializes in such endeavors. Either way the up front effort and cost of doing business must be considered.

[i]Shopping Cart[/i]

A shopping cart makes purchasing your product easier for your visitor. If you are selling more than one product a shopping cart utility is a must. The easier you make the process of purchasing your product the more sales you will make.

[i]Merchant Account[/i]

Most purchases made on the internet are made through credit/debit cards. Unless you have the capability of handling such orders many sales will be lost. Sign up with a reputable company who can provide these secure transactions.

[i]Traffic[/i]

Without adequate traffic to your website your sales will be limited at best. Invest a lot of time into promoting and optimizing your website for the search engines. Search engines can provide your site with exposure and any time you spend in making your website attractive to them is time well spent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://chinese-school.netfirms.com Forum Index -> Submit Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Thank you for visiting us